Monday 5 March 2007

Things become surreal

Yesterday I went onto the Small Claims website (http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk) to check the progress of my case. I found that Demon have acknowledged the writ and have until the 28th of March to submit their decision how to proceed.

The reason why I went onto the website was because I had received a letter from Demon yesterday. I opened the envelope expecting to find a defence or a discussion document; instead I found a credit note for the full amount of my claim.

What this means is a source of considerable conjecture in my family - one school of thought is that they have settled and have not yet paid the funds, another is that it is only a credit note and I have to return to Demon to spend it (shudder). The second option was only mentioned in mirth by the way.

It will be interesting to see what happens next - watch this space.

1 comment:

Stefan said...

Demon have allocated funds for your claim in order to pay you. If they do not send a cheque or transfer the funds to you and this goes all the way to court, all you will need to do is show the judge the credit note and he will dismiss the case, finding for you.