Thursday 15 February 2007

The Holy Water Express is heading for the Demon

I'm afraid this is going to be a short post tonight. Just to let you, my beloved reader know that the paperwork has been filled in on-line and will be processed first thing in the morning.

The system is quite straightforward, but the website is a bit frustrating as there is one section that says that you should only fill it in if you have another address to send the details, but it won't let you skip it so it has to be filled in anyway. Grrrr.

I have to admit that the online system is very convenient and I would recommend it to anyone who decides to take this route. There are also lots of help files to assist you in the process.

I await developments.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

Just wanted to drop a line of support. I have been trying to pay some attention to these FUPs. I have seen some attractive offers, but each time that sneaky asterisk or small print has made me very nervous, and cooled my heels. I am just a very average broadband user with little IT or legal expertise, but if I can help in any other way than cheering on from the sidelines let me know. I really hope that this goes right, and that Demon along with other ISPs, will - at the very least - get honest in regards to these policies.

Good luck, mate!

John Tanner said...

Hi there,

I really think that you should contact BBC Watchdog about this. I emailed them about the unfair introduction of capping/throttling by AOL, so they should know what you are on about.

Best of luck to you!
John