Friday 16 February 2007

This is what they do to others - 1

Here is a email that I have received. I thought I had it bad. This story is disgusting, but I'll let you judge for yourself:

Saw your posts. I am a demon customer / victim. Got a letter today saying 128 limit from 19 feb due to downloading 57GB last month. Have 3 computers - 2 kids who like to download music and tv progs and x box live which is why I wanted unlimited. Asked demon how I could tell if i was over their limit. They wouldnt tell me. Asked why no warning. Was told had been restricted last 3 months "which is why we sent the letter" (only ever communication, received today) . No emails in my demon account from them. Had demon for 7-8 months. Always been incredibly slow at times, from the first week. Contacted 'live help' multiple times and emailed them re sometimes it takes 10 min + just to open an email (more than once it has taken 30 min +) which is ridiculous and much slower than the aol dial up i previously used. Always problems with x box as is so slow not always poss to play games. I suspect that my connection has always been restricted. We only had dial up before so had no
broadband to compare it with.i am incensed that they have been debiting full amount from my account monthly whilst deliberately not providing the service i am paying for and deliberately not informing me of the restriction even when i have contacted them about slow speeds etc - they never replied to emails and live help consistently cut me off when i raised the issue. I think this is deliberate fraud and as far as i am concerned, theft of my money.How many others are they doing this to? If you would like to take class action I would be happy to join you, if you have any advice or have found a provider that doesnt do this to its customers, please let me know,


I think it is outrageous that a business can a) treat its customers like this and b) think they can get away with it. I thought there were some rogue traders out there, but this takes it all, to restrict someone for months without even notifying them that they are doing it is theft, no more, no less. You will be pleased to know that I have put this emailer in touch with an Internet provider who treats their customers with respect and tells you up front what the rules are.

Does anyone have an email address for the Chief Executive of Thus, because I have a stack of his customers who would really like to speak to him.

Another one tomorrow.

1 comment:

Martyn said...

Try william.allan@thus.net (or bill.allan@thus.net ), and CC to CustomerRelations@thus.net